Confucius, Tesla, Einstein and multiple other great thinkers of our human history have made wise statements along the lines of “imagination (and/or dreaming) is just as (or more) important than knowledge”. George Bernard Shaw wrote: “You see things and you say, ‘Why?’ But I dream things that never were and I say, ‘Why not!?'” My take on this innovative way of thinking is that imagination and the focused individual power to dream are a lot more important than the 3rd party potentially factual data/info we learn from others. These 3rd party “facts” are based on other people’s ability to absorb, record & understand the actual facts which may or may not have been experienced 1st hand by their own senses. Either way, by the time our own (n’th party) senses absorb them, these potential facts are already part of the (limited) accessible records of the past. What I’m trying to write is that unless we experience things 1st hand, the data/info we learn as facts is only a glimpse of what actually happened, and before this data info reaches our senses is first filtered by:
- the senses of the individual(s) who witness/create an event,
- then it is filtered by the individual(s)’ prism of understanding and ability to process that data/info,
- then it is filtered by the individual(s)’ personal interest(s),
- then by the interest(s) of the people the individual(s) report to,
- then by the interest(s) of the social/political/financial/cultural/psychological/etc environment the individual(s) belong to,
- then among various other filters on this chain, the data is also filtered by the individual(s)’ own ability to translate into accurate language that factual experience,
- and definitely not the final filter on this chain, the “facts” are also filtered by all the people on the chain who handle and translate this data/information. And if we’re not the ones witnessing/creating the fact, all the above and more happens before the “factual” data info reaches our senses.
Therefore understanding and experiencing 3rd party “facts” is not like when you put a finger in the a glass of water to decide if the water is hot or cold. Despite the fact that you only make that measurement with a finger, a tiny part of yourself which you put into the vessel, when you bring it back out, your whole body gains all the real experiences your finger had. In such a personal experience, there isn’t a “Chinese whispers chain”, there is no middle-ware, there are no other interests to stop you from understanding the real truth about what you’re learning or trying to find out. So at the end of the experience you may conclude that you know the truth.
However, while I imagine a way this may be made possible, in our current state of consciousness we cannot all experience all the facts across time and space, can we? Since the answer is clearly no, then how can we learn what’s really true and what’s not? And what’s most dangerous, how can we learn that what’s presented to our senses is not only, lets say, 90% true? Because this manipulatory informational model which uses the small change in truth to fulfil/protect an agenda, can take us to the edge of a cliff and beyond with our very own permission and desire, and it can actually convince us to be proud of what we’re doing (in today’s bamboozled world there are countless examples). In psychology (and business) this is called “Psychological Manipulation” and I highly recommend everyone to read at least the wiki page on this subject and find out how manipulators control their “happy” victims. If you don’t like reading and prefer video, then here is a 3min video to introduce you to 7 sneaky secrets of mind manipulators. And now that you are informed of such unethical techniques used by intelligent and dangerous psychopaths & sociopaths, please watch the following 3min video to understand the impact we had on this planet while “happily” following the orders of unethical manipulators, and in the paragraphs below we will pick up from the end of the video and start talking about (hopefully) a brighter future:
“Those who don’t understand the past are doomed to repeat it.”
OK, so after watching the MAN video, things may seem pretty self explanatory as everyone with a brain and a heart would now be looking into the proverbial mirror. One may conclude that we, humans are indeed 100% guilty of purposefully destroying this planet in our crave for domination, economic/tech growth and personal comfort and we were able to do it because we were lucky enough to be on top of the food chain. In our self-destructive cancerous model, we humans seem to be the cancerous cells which keep eating away at the body that gave us life, that feeds us and sustains us, while having utter disregard for the body (Earth) because we consume it to the death which implicitly also means the death of us. Now this is a painfully harsh conclusion based on the apparent reality, but is it true??
This is the core point of my post but since things may not be what they seem, in my quest for truthful knowledge I will try to prove that humans couldn’t have done this without manipulatory influences, because humans are born empathic and moral, its in our genes. So given the fact that we all have a good heart +I feel it and you feel it+, when we compare this fact with what humans have done and what we’re still doing, it just doesn’t makes sense!! How and when do we turn bad/unethical? Well since the answers I found may be impossible to prove (for now), I want to set a disclaimer before I go further.
As I mentioned in some of my previous posts on this blog and on my G+ (which is my lazy blog replacement where I share quick thoughts when I don’t find the time to write a proper blog post here), I am not a scientist and as a matter of fact, I’m not an expert in anything. I am just a curious observer which most of the time can’t even make sense of his own life, nevermind the reasoning for destructive history of the whole of humanity challenged here. However, I am looking for different views than my observations and I’m more than happy to learn from your feedback. Whatever you may think/feel, do contact me and express your views as even if “I may not agree with what you have to say, I’ll defend to the death your right to say it!” Now with this out of the way, I’d like to disclose some personal feelings and beliefs before we start an exploratory mind-expanding imagination game:
[The following statements are part of an imaginative game and intended to be completely neutral to all human religions & belief systems]
- I believe that we -humanity- require a major paradigm shift to spiral out of the circle of madness repeated by our ancestors like the Egyptians, Babylonians, Chinese, Greeks, Persians, Romans, Turks, Slavs, Russian, Spanish, French, English and Germans among many others;
- I believe that Einstein was only 1/2 right in saying “I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones”, because WWIII may be much closer than we think (I’m preparing another post on the risks and threats to us in 2015 and beyond, and this post will deal with WWIII scenario) and I believe that if we complete the current circle of destruction we will wipe ourselves out for good and there won’t be a WWIV.
- We live at a crucial stage for humanity and given our potentially unprecedented destruction power, if we want to protect our future I believe that we need to unite our collective hearts and brains in a sync so we can focus on the right ethical direction for humanity.
- I believe that we must awaken our consciousness and at the same time, do the right things:
- for us as individuals,
- for our human brothers and sisters,
- for the planet’s environment. And most important, all 3 conditions need to be satisfied at the same time, in all plans, in all our actions, or else there won’t be anyone left to imagine or create better.
- Finally, in my quest for knowledge about our origins and how humanity got here (point in time and space) I conclude that despite millennia of genocide and systematic killings of humans vs humans, and despite our differences (i.e. gender, demographics, religions etc), there are A LOT more things that unite us than things that divide us and what we’ve done and keep doing is against our human nature. Therefore it is paramount we learn how to understand the truth about what’s happening with us and in order to do so we need to use more our imagination than our manipulated knowledge to do so.
My proposed imagination game is not based on what we know today as general facts, but on one of the oldest “fairy tales” known to man and using this myth as a model, I will try to unlock my own mind and hopefully inspire others to do the same. Given the bamboozle in our current digital world, I propose that we don’t use the (lack of) facts (not) presented by the current system, and instead rely on the power of our individual intuition, our critical thinking ability and most of all on our imagination. To kick it off I’m starting with the following premises:
Let us imagine…that the dearest, the absolute most important and priceless “things” that a human being can ever possess are:
- 1. “One’s Mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original dimensions.”
- To be continued in part 2… 🙂